Italian Summer Squash Salad Recipe
"My mother in Florida shared this recipe with me," says Lois Gelzer of Standish, Maine. "It is very colorful...and it's a great way to use up squash."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a bowl, toss the lettuce, zucchini, yellow squash and radishes. Serve with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 67 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC