Olive lovers are sure to rejoice over this stacked sandwich! Delores Christner from Spooner, Wisconsin marinates stuffed and ripe olives in white wine vinegar and garlic before using them to flavor these speedy salami, ham and provolone subs.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 6 submarine sandwich buns (10 inches), split
- 24 thin slices hard salami
- 24 slices provolone cheese
- 24 thin slices fully cooked ham
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, parsley and garlic. Stir
- in olives. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place about 2 tablespoons olive mixture on the bottom of each bun.
- Top each with four slices of salami, cheese and ham; add lettuce if
- desired. Replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 1,003 calories, 64 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 3,344 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 66 g protein.