Italian Subs Recipe
Olive lovers are sure to rejoice over this stacked sandwich! Delores Christner from Spooner, Wisconsin marinates stuffed and ripe olives in white wine vinegar and garlic before using them to flavor these speedy salami, ham and provolone subs.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 6 submarine sandwich buns (10 inches), split
- 24 thin slices hard salami
- 24 slices provolone cheese
- 24 thin slices fully cooked ham
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, parsley and garlic. Stir in olives. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place about 2 tablespoons olive mixture on the bottom of each bun. Top each with four slices of salami, cheese and ham; add lettuce if desired. Replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Subs in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p17
Reviews for Italian Subs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review