Italian Submarine Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1. Cut bread in half lengthwise. Hollow out bottom half, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Brush oil over cut sides of bread.
- 2. Combine the Parmesan cheese and oregano; sprinkle over bread. On the bottom half, layer the tomato, ham, provolone and salami. Replace bread top. Cut into four slices. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 683 calories, 32g fat (12g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 2300mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein
Reviews for Italian Submarine
"love this recipe"
"Good and simple."
"This was delicious. I made individual sandwiches on Tomato Hoagie Buns from the Kroger bakery. I also used the Genoa Salami for better flavor."
"Delicious!! I have made this sandwich numerous times and even make it on Fridays (individually wrapped) for weekend activities on the go. This is a great combination and the topping of oil, oregano and shredded parmesan is wonderful! Best if chilled awhile before serving."
"I have made this recipes dozens of times - the flavors are great together. I always make sure I buy the Genoa salami for it, because it tastes the best. It's even good the next day straight from the fridge! Great to make for parties!"