Italian Submarine Sandwich Recipe
I first sampled this at a dinner where it was served as an appetizer, and I almost didn't have room for the main course! Since then, it's become our family's standard sandwich.
- 2 jars (2 ounces each) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 2/3 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and shake well. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- 2. Cut bread in half lengthwise; hollow out top and bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.) Drain 2 tablespoons liquid from olive mixture; spread on the inside of bread top. Spoon 1 cup olive mixture evenly into bottom of bread shell.
- 3. Layer with ham, salami and cheese; spread with remaining olive mixture. Replace bread top. Slice into serving-size pieces. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 slice: 631 calories, 41g fat (11g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1875mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein .
Reviews for Italian Submarine Sandwich
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC