Italian-Style Walleye Recipe
Herbs and melted cheese dress up fillets in this recipe recommended by Cathy Lueschen from Columbus, Nebraska. "When I want a quick fish dinner, this is the recipe I turn to," she relates.
- 4 to 6 walleye fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place walleye in a greased shallow 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, parsley, Italian seasoning, basil, salt and pepper; pour over fish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 172 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Italian-Style Walleye
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC