Herbs and melted cheese dress up fillets in this recipe recommended by Cathy Lueschen from Columbus, Nebraska. "When I want a quick fish dinner, this is the recipe I turn to," she relates.
- 4 to 6 walleye fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place walleye in a greased shallow 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, parsley, Italian seasoning, basil, salt and pepper; pour over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Italian-Style Walleye in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Italian-Style Walleye
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2015
"Wheather the fish are fresh or frozen this receipe is quick and delicious. Next time I will use fresh basil, too."