Italian-Style Snack Mix Recipe
A touch of heat comes through in this tasty, toasty blend of cereals, pretzels and bagel chips. Parmesan, garlic and Italian seasonings boost the flavor of this fun energy mix. —Katie Golwitzer, Wilmington, Illinois
- 1-1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 1-1/2 cups Rice Chex
- 1-1/2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1/2 cup garlic bagel chips
- 1/2 cup miniature pretzels
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic salt, basil, oregano, pepper flakes and onion powder; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Stir in cheese. Cook 4 minutes longer, stirring twice. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
1/2 cup equals 80 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC