Italian-Style Snack Mix Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 1-1/2 cups Rice Chex
- 1-1/2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1/2 cup garlic bagel chips
- 1/2 cup miniature pretzels
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic salt, basil, oregano, pepper flakes and onion powder; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Stir in cheese. Cook 4 minutes longer, stirring twice. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
1/2 cup equals 80 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.