- 1-1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 1-1/2 cups Rice Chex
- 1-1/2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1/2 cup garlic bagel chips
- 1/2 cup miniature pretzels
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic salt, basil, oregano, pepper flakes and onion powder; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Stir in cheese. Cook 4 minutes longer, stirring twice. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Italian-Style Snack Mix
Sort By :
Did not care for this and it is expensive to make.
Sorry to say this recipe will burn as written! I used a glass microwave bowl and my mixture was burned after just 2 1/2 minutes. I should have just stopped when I stirred it after the first 1 1/2 minutes; that probably would've been about right. When all was done, I thought the mix was dry and did not have a very good flavor. The main flavor I tasted was the red pepper. I regret I didn't read the reviews before making this recipe.
I did not care much for this recipe. The nutrition information is incorrect. 1/2 cup equals 120 calories.
I just tried to make this, and it burned after two minutes in the last cook cycle, and I did stir it. Not sure if there is a typo, or if I should have used a glass bowl instead of a plastic bowl.
Really liked this, so did my kids. I had no problem with it burning. Make sure to stir 2 times like the recipe says. Nice snack! Thanks for the recipe!