This is my husband's favorite. He loves it! If you like, you can top each serving with mozzarella or Parmesan cheese. —Heather Nalley, Easley, South Carolina
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four oval patties. In a large skillet, brown patties in oil on both sides. Drain.
In a small bowl, combine diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Freeze option: Freeze individual cooled steaks with some tomato mixture in resealable freezer bags. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian-Style Salisbury Steaks in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p31
Reviews for Italian-Style Salisbury Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review