- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four oval patties. In a large skillet, brown patties in oil on both sides. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Italian-Style Salisbury Steaks
Sort By :
Delicious! I used ground turkey and fresh garlic instead of garlic powder. For those who found it bland, I wonder if the tasted it as they were cooking it. I added a lot of extra oregano, basil, and garlic powder to the tomato sauce mixture even though I bought the Italian tomato sauce and Italian diced tomatoes.
Everyone loved it! Have made it several times and will continue to do so.
Split decision in our home. My oldest loved it, which is a compliment b/c he is very picky! I liked it, although the sauce seemed to dry up instead of making a sauce for the meat to simmer in. My husband didn't care for it, but he isnt really a fan of tomato based sauces.
Not bad. I used ground turkey instead of ground beef and I would make it again. Because some said it was bland, I did add some of my own seasonings to the tomato sauce, but the meat itself was seasoned very well. Next time I may salt my noodles.
I found this recipe to be quite bland without much flavor. I want to try it again but next time, I'll add more spices and Worcestershire sauce.