Italian-Style Salisbury Steaks Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four oval patties. In a large skillet, brown patties in oil on both sides. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Italian-Style Salisbury Steaks(18)
Sort By :
Everyone loved it! Have made it several times and will continue to do so.
Split decision in our home. My oldest loved it, which is a compliment b/c he is very picky! I liked it, although the sauce seemed to dry up instead of making a sauce for the meat to simmer in. My husband didn't care for it, but he isnt really a fan of tomato based sauces.
Not bad. I used ground turkey instead of ground beef and I would make it again. Because some said it was bland, I did add some of my own seasonings to the tomato sauce, but the meat itself was seasoned very well. Next time I may salt my noodles.
I found this recipe to be quite bland without much flavor. I want to try it again but next time, I'll add more spices and Worcestershire sauce.
Definately a keeper. Quick and easy to make with lots of flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >