Italian-Style Salisbury Steaks
This is my husband's favorite. He loves it! If you like, you can top each serving with mozzarella or Parmesan cheese. —Heather Nalley, Easley, South Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into four oval patties. In a large
- skillet, brown patties in oil on both sides. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Pour over
- patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15
- minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 patty with 1/2 cup sauce equals 359 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 1,104 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet