Italian-Style Round Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a Dutch oven, brown beef in batches in oil; drain. Add water and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Stir in the tomato sauce, mushrooms, onion, green pepper, sugar, oregano and basil. Cover and simmer 30-45 minutes longer or until the meat and vegetables are tender. Serve over spaghetti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (5 ounces) equals 267 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 767 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Italian-Style Round Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.