While living in Milan with my husband, Leon, I picked up this recipe. Since it contains very little spice, this simple side dish is good for folks who can't eat spicy food.Kathry Manwiller, Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- Dash ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add rice; cook on
- medium for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and
- turmeric; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25
- minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheese. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 216 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 810 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.