Italian-Style Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (3-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a large skillet, saute peppers and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Sprinkle chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In the same skillet, brown chops in remaining oil. Add the marinara sauce, olives, remaining salt and pepper and reserved pepper mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 3/4 cup sauce equals 397 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 930 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.