- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (3-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Sprinkle chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In the same skillet, brown chops in remaining oil. Add the marinara sauce, olives, remaining salt and pepper and reserved pepper mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Italian-Style Pork Chops
"I thought this was good, just needed a few things like basil and garlic added to it.Cooked the pork chops with garlic pepper, basil and Italian seasoning on them. Always look at a recipe and see what spices and herbs could be added. Served with fresh artichokes and pasta for the sauce. Very yum!"
"Yuck these taste exactly like what they are, and that is like boiled pork chops. I won't make these again!."