This side dish is a big hit on any occasion. I've been making it for at least 35 years, and it was made by my mother before me.Kathleen Valle, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 ounces diced fully cooked lean ham
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and ham in oil until onion is
- tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and cook
- until peas are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 148 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.