Italian-Style Pasta Toss Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing or reduced-fat Caesar vinaigrette
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 cups cooked cheese tortellini
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add tortellini and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately with a slotted spoon or refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 541 calories, 35 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 1,837 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.