Italian-Style Lima Beans Recipe
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lima beans; cook for 3-5 minutes or until tomatoes soften and beans are tender.
- 2. Stir in the vinegar, brown sugar, lemon peel, oregano, salt and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 99 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Italian-Style Lima Beans
"Nice combination of flavors...loved the hint of lemon. I missed that the beans were to be thawed so they were a bit undercooked. Will make again."