This Italian-style side dish will delight lima bean lovers. Not only is it a colorful addition to the menu, the combination of flavors enhance the beans to a delightful taste. The lima beans have a bite yet are tender and perfect with the delicate flavor of the cherry tomatoes.
Recommended: Healthy Mardi Gras Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lima beans; cook for 3-5 minutes or until tomatoes soften and beans are tender.
- Stir in the vinegar, brown sugar, lemon peel, oregano, salt and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian-Style Lima Beans in Reminisce February/March 2009, p 50
Reviews forItalian-Style Lima Beans
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2014
"Nice combination of flavors...loved the hint of lemon. I missed that the beans were to be thawed so they were a bit undercooked. Will make again."