Italian-Style Lima Beans Recipe
This Italian-style side dish will delight lima bean lovers. Not only is it a colorful addition to the menu, the combination of flavors enhance the beans to a delightful taste. The lima beans have a bite yet are tender and perfect with the delicate flavor of the cherry tomatoes.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lima beans; cook for 3-5 minutes or until tomatoes soften and beans are tender.
- Stir in the vinegar, brown sugar, lemon peel, oregano, salt and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian-Style Lima Beans in Reminisce February/March 2009, p 50
Reviews for Italian-Style Lima Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2014
Nice combination of flavors...loved the hint of lemon. I missed that the beans were to be thawed so they were a bit undercooked. Will make again.