Fresh green beans and mushrooms star in this pretty dish from Gloria Warczak of Cedarburg, Wisconsin. Lightly coated with olive oil, lemon and basil, the beans are cooked to perfection.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until crisp-tender; stir in the beans. Sprinkle with basil, lemon peel, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until combined. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Italian-Style Green Beans in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p58
Reviews for Italian Style Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review