- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 8 boneless skinless duck breast halves
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup parsley and spaghetti sauce mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, onion salt and garlic salt. Add duck, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat In a large skillet, brown duck on both sides in remaining butter.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with tomato mixture; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 28-32 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium, a meat thermometer should read 165°; well-done 180°). Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve with pasta. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Italian-Style Duck in Taste of Home August/September 2003 , p58
Reviews for Italian-Style Duck
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2008
"This sounds good! Thanks for sharing."