Italian-Style Duck Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 8 boneless skinless duck breast halves
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup parsley and spaghetti sauce mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, onion salt and garlic salt. Add duck, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat In a large skillet, brown duck on both sides in remaining butter.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with tomato mixture; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 28-32 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium, a meat thermometer should read 165°; well-done 180°). Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve with pasta. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Italian-Style Duck in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p58
Reviews for Italian-Style Duck
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2008
"This sounds good! Thanks for sharing."