My husband and I worked together to create this recipe by adding green chilies to our favorite garlic-cheese biscuits. They're even better this way!—LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese and chilies. Stir in water until a soft dough forms.
- Drop dough into six mounds 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 6 biscuits.
Originally published as Italian-Style Drop Biscuits in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 15
Reviews for Italian-Style Drop Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2014
"Nice biscuit to serve with the easy spaghetti recipe from the same issue. I put all the dry ingredients together in a baggie with instructions, making this an easy recipe for motorhome dinner."