Italian-Style Drop Biscuits
My husband and I worked together to create this recipe by adding green chilies to our favorite garlic-cheese biscuits. They're even better this way!LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese and chilies. Stir in
- water until a soft dough forms.
- Drop dough into six mounds 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic powder and
- Italian seasoning. Brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 biscuit (prepared with reduced-fat baking mix, reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat butter) equals 115 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.