Italian-Style Drop Biscuits Recipe
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese and chilies. Stir in water until a soft dough forms.
- 2. Drop dough into six mounds 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 6 biscuits.
1 biscuit (prepared with reduced-fat baking mix, reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat butter) equals 115 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.