- 2 cups meatless pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place pasta sauce in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, covered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until hot, stirring halfway.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in cream cheese.
- Arrange chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon pepper mixture onto chicken. Pour warmed sauce over top. Place cheese over sauce. Bake, covered, 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Italian-Style Chicken & Peppers
Sort By :
Easy to make and turned out to be very yummy! We used our homemade tomato sauce and it kicked everything up to the next level. I weill be making this again!
Made this a 'meal 4 two' cutting recipe in half, used sweet red pepper. came together quick and easy - will definitely make again.
We enjoyed this. The chicken breasts I used were too thick so I had to bake them longer. Next time will cut them in half. Recommend adding the cheese after the first 10 minutes of baking time. I added garlic & Italian seasoning (in addition to that which is in the sauce) and mushrooms. Yummy. I might try ricotta instead of cream cheese.
Quick & easy and delicious. I'll be making this a gain, for sure
Delicious recipe! Since I had just made a batch of homemade spaghetti sauce and had an abundance of green peppers from our garden, this recipe appeared at the perfect time for me. I doubled the recipe since I had really large chicken breasts that I cut in half to make thinner portions. I really liked that it was diabetic friendly for my husband, too!