I found my mom's well-stained recipe card for chicken and green peppers and was flooded with memories. I'd forgot how good it was! Hope you enjoy. —Donna Miller, Grosse Pointe, Michigan
- 2 cups meatless pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place pasta sauce in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, covered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until hot, stirring halfway.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in cream cheese.
- Arrange chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon pepper mixture onto chicken. Pour warmed sauce over top. Place cheese over sauce. Bake, covered, 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian-Style Chicken & Peppers in Taste of Home September/October 2014, p34
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian-Style Chicken & Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review