- 2 cups meatless pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place pasta sauce in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, covered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until hot, stirring halfway.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in cream cheese.
- Arrange chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon pepper mixture onto chicken. Pour warmed sauce over top. Place cheese over sauce. Bake, covered, 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian-Style Chicken & Peppers
Sort By :
"The mozzarella cheese was black and crusted after 25 minutes. Husband said to throw the recipe away and I agree."
"Real easy to make and tasty. Just what the submitter said it would be. It was a tad longer than 30 min if you allow for prep time. Will be making this again!"
"Easy to make and turned out to be very yummy! We used our homemade tomato sauce and it kicked everything up to the next level. I weill be making this again!"
"Made this a 'meal 4 two' cutting recipe in half, used sweet red pepper. came together quick and easy - will definitely make again."
"We enjoyed this. The chicken breasts I used were too thick so I had to bake them longer. Next time will cut them in half. Recommend adding the cheese after the first 10 minutes of baking time. I added garlic & Italian seasoning (in addition to that which is in the sauce) and mushrooms. Yummy. I might try ricotta instead of cream cheese."