- 6 large green or sweet red peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups cubed Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese (1/4-inch cubes)
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional minced fresh parsley
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the beef, mozzarella cheese, rice, onion, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper; spoon into peppers. Transfer to an oval 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour tomatoes over peppers; pour broth around the sides.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reaches 160° and peppers are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and additional parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Italian Stuffed Peppers
Sort By :
"very easy and good"
"I used ground turkey instead of beef. Other than that followed recipe as stated and they turned out GREAT! I've made these peppers twice and they are great the next day as well."
"I found this to be a great recipe for the slow cooker. I let it cook for almost 6 hours on low because I was not home but the meat cooked thoroughly and the rice was tender. The mozzarella cheese was a tasty addition. I will make it for the family again. A crock pot disposable liner made clean-up a breeze."
"I did not have good luck with this recipe. I halved it and cooked on low for 3-4 hours. The meat thermometer said 160 so I removed the peppers. The peppers were cooked to perfection, the rice was crunchy, and the meat was still slightly pink (but not what I would call unsafe). My husband tried to eat it but threw about half away. I did the same."