Italian Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 30 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup onion and garlic salad croutons, crushed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop half of the stems (save the remaining for another use). Add chopped stems to drippings with bacon; saute 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Firmly stuff crouton mixture into mushroom caps. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 15 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
Sort By :
I have been making these since it came out in the magazine many years ago. These mushrooms are wonderful and loved by all who tries them. You can't make enough!
Easy to make and so delicious! Fed them to my Bunco group and they absolutely loved the flavor. I had to make a dozen copies of the recipe for them. This will be my tradition when it's my turn for hosting the game.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >