Mix the sauce in this creamy, comforting dish with the noodles or pour it on top; either way, it’s excellent. Soak up the hearty flavors with a slice of warm buttered bread on the side. —Christina Nabert, Poplar Bluff, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 Florentine Meatballs (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter
- until tender. Stir in the soup, sour cream, water, salt and pepper.
- Add meatballs; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without noodles) equals 439 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 166 mg cholesterol, 943 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.