Italian Strip Steaks with Focaccia Recipe
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 focaccia bread (12 ounces), cut into quarters
- 2/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, shallot and onion in remaining oil. Add garlic and rosemary; saute 1-2 minutes longer. Stir in the red peppers, wine, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Place focaccia on serving plates; top each with a steak and 1/2 cup mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Italian Strip Steaks with Focaccia(2)
Sort By :
Great recipe! My family loved it! I used shaved mozzarella cheese instead of Asiago. The kids are not fans of olives so I did not add them to their steaks. I also cooked our steaks a little longer (30 mins).
This steak was very good and tasty, however I felt that the cheese was too strong but that just may be my own taste. My family really enjoyed this meal.:-)
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >