Italian Strip Steaks with Focaccia Recipe
This easy entree lets the host enjoy entertaining. The dish comes together quickly and makes a beautiful presentation. Fans of Italian food will be impressed. —Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 focaccia bread (12 ounces), cut into quarters
- 2/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1. In a large skillet, cook steaks in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, shallot and onion in remaining oil. Add garlic and rosemary; saute 1-2 minutes longer. Stir in the red peppers, wine, salt and pepper; heat through.
- 3. Place focaccia on serving plates; top each with a steak and 1/2 cup mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC