These tender steaks make a quick and flavorful entree. Kids will love the pizza-sauce topping, and you’ll love that they’re getting a nutritious supper. Mary Hankins - Kansas City, Missouri
Featured In: 30 Beef Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cut steak into four pieces; dip each piece in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, heat sauce in a small saucepan. Spoon over steaks; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Steaks in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p30
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Italian Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2011
"I have to watch my sodium level so I omitted salt where I can and substitued no sodium or low sodium pizza sauce or spagetti sauce or I make my own."