Italian Steaks for Two Recipe
These tender steaks make a quick and flavorful entree. You'll both love the pizza-sauce topping in this nutritious supper. Mary Hankins - Kansas City, Missouri
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1/2 pound)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cut steak in half; dip each piece in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, heat sauce in a small saucepan. Spoon over steaks; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Italian Steaks for Two in Simple & Delicious
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Italian Steaks for Two(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >