- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1/2 pound)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cut steak in half; dip each piece in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, heat sauce in a small saucepan. Spoon over steaks; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now