Italian Steak Sandwiches
My sister came up with these quick sandwiches that use minced garlic and other seasonings to bring pizzazz to deli roast beef. Add some carrot sticks or a tomato salad for a fantastic lunch in no time.
-Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 slices deli roast beef
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine or additional beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, saute garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 1
- minute. Add the roast beef, broth, wine and seasonings; heat
- through. Place beef slices on rolls; drizzle with the broth mixture.
- Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 440 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 1,261 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet