Italian Steak Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine or additional beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Add roast beef, broth, wine and seasonings; heat through. Place beef slices on rolls; drizzle with broth mixture. Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 440 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 1,261 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.