- 1 pound frozen beef sandwich steaks, thawed
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 5 hard rolls, split
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the steaks in 2 teaspoons oil in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute the sweet onion and green pepper in remaining oil until tender; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the pickles, salad dressing, tomato and red onion; set aside.
- Place the roll tops, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Place a steak on each roll bottom; top with onion mixture and pickle mixture. Replace roll tops. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Italian Steak Sandwich
Sort By :
"This is my recipe and I have made this with ground beef also. It is just as good."
"I made these last night and they were great. I used Steak-Umms for the first time and was a little nervous, but they were delicious. Having the leftovers tonight."