Italian Spinach Salad
Here's a quick, colorful veggie salad as refreshing as springtime itself. It's also pretty as a picture and a great way to use up all those extra hard-cooked Easter eggs! —Gloria Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 8 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup seasoned croutons
- On eight salad plates, arrange the spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms,
- eggs, bacon, onion and dill.
- In a small saucepan, cook salad dressing and sugar over low heat
- until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over salads; sprinkle with
- croutons. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 237 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1,034 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.