Here's a quick, colorful veggie salad as refreshing as springtime itself. It's also pretty as a picture and a great way to use up all those extra hard-cooked Easter eggs! —Gloria Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 8 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup seasoned croutons
- On eight salad plates, arrange the spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, eggs, bacon, onion and dill.
- In a small saucepan, cook salad dressing and sugar over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over salads; sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Italian Spinach Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p41
Reviews for Italian Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2010
"I would definitely make this salad again, only I'd switch the spinach to lettuce, as spinach makes two of my children sick. I love spinach but they don't so the change would be okay."