Here's a quick, colorful veggie salad as refreshing as springtime itself. It's also pretty as a picture and a great way to use up all those extra hard-cooked Easter eggs! —Gloria Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 8 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup seasoned croutons
- On eight salad plates, arrange the spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, eggs, bacon, onion and dill.
- In a small saucepan, cook salad dressing and sugar over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over salads; sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Italian Spinach Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p41
Reviews for Italian Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2010
"I would definitely make this salad again, only I'd switch the spinach to lettuce, as spinach makes two of my children sick. I love spinach but they don't so the change would be okay."