- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free whole wheat noodles
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, soup, spaghetti sauce, chicken, spinach, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain noodles; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Spinach and Chicken Skillet
Sort By :
"Very easy and very good. Lots of flavor."
"This is really yummy. I used canned chic and it was still really good."
"Verry good!! I didn't have cream of mushroom so I used cream of chicken. My boys who really don't care for vegetables had seconds on this dish!! I served it with homemade garlic bread on sourdough English muffins topped with butter, garlic salt, and shredded cheese. I try to count my calories during the day and 1 1/2 cup serving is very generous serving and fulfilling :) definitely will make again"
"This sounded great, but it was just okay. It didn't have as much flavor as I was expecting."