“This is a flavorful entrée that is hearty enough to be a one-dish meal. My husband and my 2-year old both love it, even with the spinach mixed in!” Sarah Newman - Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free whole wheat noodles
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, soup, spaghetti sauce, chicken, spinach, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain noodles; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Spinach and Chicken Skillet in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p16
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Spinach and Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review