- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free whole wheat noodles
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, soup, spaghetti sauce, chicken, spinach, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain noodles; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Spinach and Chicken Skillet
"This is very easy to put together especially if you have pre-cooked chicken to use. Whole family likes it and love that it has vegetables included. I am working on losing weight and this recipe fits within my plan. It was a favorite of mine before, and even more now that I see the nutritional benefits as well."
"Very easy and very good. Lots of flavor."
"This is really yummy. I used canned chic and it was still really good."
"Verry good!! I didn't have cream of mushroom so I used cream of chicken. My boys who really don't care for vegetables had seconds on this dish!! I served it with homemade garlic bread on sourdough English muffins topped with butter, garlic salt, and shredded cheese. I try to count my calories during the day and 1 1/2 cup serving is very generous serving and fulfilling :) definitely will make again"
"This sounded great, but it was just okay. It didn't have as much flavor as I was expecting."
"Easy and delicious pasta recipe."
"This is the ultimate comfort dish! The wheat noodles lend a hearty flavor, and the other seasonings are wonderfully savory. When I was preparing food for after my baby's delivery, I made up the sauce portion of this dish and froze it in a Rubbermaid container for later. When I thawed it two weeks later and added the freshly cooked noodles, it was just as good. The only change I have made to this recipe is to add about half the amount of spinach called for. Ten ounces of the stuff tends to overwhelm the dish."
"My family loved it! Will definately make again!"