- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- In two or three stockpots or Dutch ovens, saute garlic and parsley in
- oil 1 minute. Add tomato puree, sauce, paste and seasonings. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°. For meatballs, in a large bowl, combine the
- eggs, water, onion, bread crumbs, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic and
- seasonings; mix well. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape
- into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow
- baking pans. Bake, uncovered, 15-18 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in the remaining Parmesan into spaghetti sauce; simmer 30
- minute. Drain meatballs on paper towels; add to sauce. Yield: 20-24
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 185 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 545 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.