This is a unique and easy way to cook spaghetti squash. Be sure the squash is on the small or medium side so that it fits into the slow cooker after being cut in half.—Melissa Brooks, Sparta, Wisconsin
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut squash lengthwise in half; discard seeds. Place squash in an oval 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker, cut side up. Fill halves with tomatoes and mushrooms; sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cook, covered, on low until squash is tender, 6-8 hours. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, on low until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. To serve, cut each squash half into two portions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Spaghetti Squash in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p82
Reviews for Italian Spaghetti Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2011
"EASY and tastes great! I added some italian seasonings, just because i can't leave good enough alone - yummy!"
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2011
"It was very easy to put together I loved the taste"