- Meanwhile, soak bread in remaining water. Squeeze out excess
- moisture. In a large bowl, combine the bread, eggs, Parmesan cheese,
- parsley and remaining salt, garlic and pepper. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into thirty-six 1-1/2-in. meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered,
- at 400° for 20 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Transfer
- to spaghetti sauce. Simmer, uncovered, until heated through,
- stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf. Serve with spaghetti with
- additional Parmesan if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-2/3 cups (calculated without spaghetti and additional cheese) equals 373 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 1,201 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.