- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Dash pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs, garlic and parsley. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs; mix gently.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Add to the sauce; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve meatballs and sauce with spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Spaghetti 'n' Meatballs
"This is an awesome recipe! I've made it several times with no changes. The sauce is a bit sweet and the meatballs are just the right texture."
"My "go-to" spaghetti and meatballs. Excellent recipe, sauce is the best and meatballs are so flavorful and do stay together in the sauce."
"The sauce was very good. The meat balls fell a part during cooking and the hamburger greaseleft the sauce with a funkie flavor.SORRY I DIDN'T LIKE THE RECIPE."
"This is the first recipe we've used where our meatballs have actually stuck together! So yummy!"