I made a similar recipe with ground beef and decided to try the same ingredients with Italian sausage. It was a big hit with my family and coworkers.—Patricia McMeeken, Goose Creek, South Carolina
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, pesto and egg. Add sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. In a large skillet, cook meatballs in oil over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Return meatballs to pan. Stir in spaghetti sauce; heat through. Serve with spaghetti and additional cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Spaghetti & Meatballs in TasteofHome.com 2017
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Spaghetti & Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review