Italian Snack Mix Recipe
- 8 cups Crispix
- 4 cups sourdough pretzel nuggets
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon spaghetti sauce mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- In a 2-gal. resealable plastic bag, combine the cereal and pretzels. Drizzle with oil; seal bag and toss to coat. Combine the cheese, spaghetti sauce mix and garlic powder; sprinkle over cereal mixture. Seal bag and toss to coat. Yield: about 3 quarts.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Italian Snack Mix(4)
Sort By :
I recall making this recipe when it was featured in the Quick Cooking magazine. I revised the recipe to make it more to my tastes! Here is my version of this recipe: 4 to 8 cups Crispix cereal, 4 to 8 cups miniature pretzel twists or sour dough pretzel nuggets, 3/4 cup canola or vegetable oil, 1 Tbsp. Salad Supreme seasoning, 2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 package Italian dressing mix, 3 packages of pretzel sticks (one ounce each), 1 package flavored croutons, 4 cups cheese crackers OR goldfish cheddar cheese-flavored crackers. I used a large roasting pan to combine the cereal, croutons, crackers and pretzels. I whisked the oil, garlic, Salad Supreme mix, salad dressing mix which I poured over cereal mixture and tossed well to coat. I sprinkled with Parmesan cheese (about 4 Tbsp.) and tossed again to fully coat cereal mixture. This is a good recipe and it doesn't require any baking! Thank you, Nancy Zimmerman, for sharing this recipe! When I made this mix, I took it to my Chapel for our Sunday morning coffee break. Of course, this was 8 years back, but I still have this recipe and actually, I use other snack mix recipes, too! This one does bring out an Italian flavor! DELowenstein
This had way too much garlic. If I made it again I would cut the garlic in half
I made this for the first time years ago, and my teenage daughter is always begging me to make it. It is delicious!
This is my go-to snack recipe for get-togethers with our friends. Everyone loves it, and there are never any leftovers.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Quick Appetizers >
- Quick Finger Food Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salty Snacks >
- Simple Appetizers >
- Simple Quick Recipes >