Italian Snack Bread Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the egg, oil oregano, salt and 1-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. Pat into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Spoon evenly over dough. Sprinkle with rosemary and salt if desired. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into small squares. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: about 8 servings.
Reviews for Italian Snack Bread
Sort By :
We loved this. I am going to make another pan of it to take to a football game potluck on Sunday. I am going to make a white pizza dip to serve with it. Thank you for a wonderful new addition to my favorites.
I made this to go along with a spaghetti dinner. Everyone enjoyed it and I liked that it was fairly simple to make. I am going to make it again and add a few of my own touches.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Italian Appetizers >