Italian Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 pound bulk spicy Italian sausage
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 8 to 10 French or submarine rolls, split
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook sausage, garlic, green pepper and onion over medium heat until the sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Spoon about 1/2 cup onto each roll; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Italian Sloppy Joes(4)
Sort By :
Family loved it! My only change was to warm the sandwiches in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
I found this recipe years ago and have made it so many times! My family absolutely loves it. I have used italian-seasoned turkey before and it's just as amazing.
my family LOVED these. Very easy to make and will be in my rotation for sure!
This recipe has become one of our favorites!