Italian Skillet Supper Recipe
My family members all agree that this recipe's a keeper! For variety, you can try it with turkey sausage or spicy hot sausage.—Elaine Anderson, New Galilee, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove all but 1/2 cup meat sauce to a bowl.
- 2. Drain the pasta; place half over the sauce in the skillet. Layer with half of the reserved meat sauce and 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining pasta, meat sauce and cheese. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 327 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 587 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC